Monday, May 18, 2009

Halfway Dinner

For those of you who don't know what a halfway dinner is, its just another excuse for us Navy wives to get dressed up and party! We're halfway through this deployment and so to celebrate the depressing state that is (What? There's still 3 months left???) we take ourselves out and get good and drunk. Ok, well it starts much more innocently than that... with a fancy dinner and a few surprise treats (like a video from the guys that had us all in tears). A friend of mine took Meredith for the whole night (which was awesome the next, very hungover, morning) so I offered my house up for the preparty. We started there with champagne and appetizers, hopped on a shuttle (with more champagne, of course) and headed to Anacortes.

The dinner was at a beautiful boutique hotel in Anacortes, The Majestic. It was in their Atrium Room and because we lucked out with a gorgeously warm and sunny day both the room and the area outside were a beautiful setting. We took advantage of the sunshine and got some nice (pre-drunk) pictures of us all then headed inside for a delicious dinner and dessert. After dinner we migrated across the street to The Star Bar, where the endless rounds of shots started. It was a long and very fun night. Half down, half to go... its all downhill from here! ;)

Pre-Partying!
Nikki & I on the shuttle there
The Dress! (I made it out of neckties)
The Shoes! (that were so expensive I HAD to make the dress!)The ladies of VAQ-140The classy portion of the evening
Jen & I during the not-so-classy portion of the evening
Winding Down...

No comments: