Monday, August 23, 2010

Four

Four years ago at this moment I was trying my darndest to get checked out of the hospital and take my brand new baby girl home with me. I can't believe its been four years. My Meredith turned four yesterday. I spent many private moments throughout the day in tears... nothing like adding the reminder of a growing child to a postpartum mom's emotional load. She was my first, my baby girl, the one who taught me how to be a mother, the one who taught me what true unconditional love really feels like.

Wearing the birthday hat I made for her first birthday

And now she's four. She's such an amazing little person and my love for her somehow grows more every day. She's so playful and compassionate and loving, and has already become such a wonderful big sister which only makes me love her even more.


Opening Presents!

A pretty princess

Yummy coconut cupcakes, a birthday tradition!


Blowing out her candles... she got them all!


Happy birthday my sweet four year old. You'll always be my baby girl.

1 comment:

FourJedis said...

So sweet. I remember when she was born. It's amazing four years have gone by. She's grown from such a precious itty bitty to a beautiful little lady. Hope our wee ones can meet up again soon!