The Whidbey Island OSC (Officer's Spouse's Club) hosts an event every year called Time & Talent. Each squadron auctions off something they have either made or will host... so lots of baskets of goodies and parties auctioned off (as well as jello shots throughout the night!). Part of the money raised goes to each squadron's OSC and part of it goes to the base OSC's scholarship fund. Its the first time I've ever been. I don't know how we never did it when Brian was with the Scorps, and then last year I had just gotten up to the area and didn't have a sitter yet. Its basically a good excuse to get dressed up and get drunk. Every year there's a theme, and this year's theme was "Vegas". Our squadron decided to dress up as the Rat Pack, to bring a little male energy back to our group, which has been lacking it for the past two months!
It was also our skipper's wife's 40th birthday, so after T&T was over a group of us went out to a local bar and did some more drinking and dancing. We all had SUCH a good time. Possibly too good of a time!
And luckily for me, Brian's aunt & uncle, Patty & Michael agreed to come up for a visit that weekend, so I didn't have to worry about getting a sitter. Meredith was thrilled to have them here and it was nice to be able to visit with them again. Its nice to have family so close.
This isn't where the trouble began, but its also not where it ended!
I said this should've been the only photo we sent out to the guys. Very mysterious!
My bride, Krista
My other bride, Christina (See what having your guys gone will do to you?)
Mandi and I having a hilarious moment that could never be properly caught on film!
The VAQ-140 Girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment