Meredith has been slowly showing interest in the potty for a few months now. She will sit on it and pee, but is more interested in the toilet paper and the flushing. Some days she will ask a lot and have very successful potty times, but most days consist of me asking (not very regularly) and her mostly just pretending to go potty.
This weekend Brian & I got away and while we were out I picked up some big girl undies for Meredith. Tonight as I was taking tags off everything I showed her the new undies and we talked about how big girls wear them and you can't go peepee in them. She wanted to wear them, so we went to the potty and then put them on. I tried to make it very clear that we do not go peepee in our big girl undies, and if she needed to go peepee she needed to tell me so we could go on the potty.
I left out one VERY important point.
About 5 minutes later I walked into the living room and saw her squatting, and when she stood up there was quite a large sag in her pants. That's right folks, I forgot to stress the point that we not only don't pee in our undies, we definately do not poop in them. Good times.
So our first serious attempt at potty training ended unsuccessfully. Well, it wasn't totally unsuccessful I guess... I mean, she did follow my original instructions and didn't pee in her undies!
Brandon's Homecoming
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment