Monday, March 9, 2009

Evening

Just a typical evening for Meredith and I while Daddy is away....

Dinner... with Daddy sitting in Mer's high chair and Mer sitting in her bumbo seat. When I try to tell her she's too big for the seat she exclaims "I'm not too big! I'm little!" I try to be good about cooking while Brian is away, but its so hard to cook for 1.5, so a lot of our dinners include microwaved Chik'n Nuggets for Meredith and takeout, leftovers or sandwiches for me.


Bathtime... which we do about every other night. Meredith has her entourage of "squeaky toys" which include Thomas, Percy, Rusty, Santa Duck, Pig & Boat. The kid would stay in a bathtub for hours on end if I let her.


Playtime... after bathtime we play in the playroom for a while before bed. This usually includes many things being thrown down the slide, and Meredith chasing after. The best thing about the slide is how staticy her hair gets on it! Cracks me up!



And then bedtime. Meredith has always been really easy to put to bed... and especially when Brian is away I'm VERY thankful for that! On our way to bed we give daddy's picture kisses, then she gives mama kisses and snuggles. She always takes blankie, and "bunny sing songs" to bed with her, and normally a train engine or two. Good night sweet girl!

No comments: