Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting started... again!

I have tried this SO many times. I have three or four blogs out there left to die in the vast expanse of cyberspace. But my other ones have been about my crafts or my business... things I don't necessarily have things to talk about on a daily basis. This one is just about me and my family. I've had a babysite for Meredith, but the photo upload capability has become such a pain in the ass that I so rarely update it. And I realized the other day that since the move I haven't found my "Meredith journal", the journal I keep about her... something she can have later in life to see my view on her childhood. So there have been things I've wanted to write about her, but haven't since the journal is somewhere in the piles of unpacked boxes (and yes, we've lived in this house for over 6 months now, and left CA about a year ago and still have way too many unpacked boxes).

So, without further ado, my blog.

As I was searching for a name tonight I found in urban dictionary so many definitions of "neo hippy" and well, I'm not REALLY a hippy. I'm not a democrat, I'm not a protestor, I'm not a pot head (anymore ;)), but since becoming a mom I have become way more hippy-ish than I ever expected I would. We eat organic because I'm concerned for my family's health (and I am proud to say that I've lost weight just from cutting preservatives from my diet!). We recycle because I'm concerned with the world I will leave behind for my daughter. We cloth diaper because I got sick watching the BAGS of diapers going into our trash from just one kid, and because of the nasty chemicals in disposables. We buy handmade not because I'm anti-capitalist, but because I like to support people who have chosen similar lifestyles as me and stay home to parent their children if they can (and to lessen our dependance on China given all the recent news regarding quality control there). So in a lot of respects I am a neo-hippy, so the new blog is neo-hippy mom.

We'll see how this goes. If I can get some fun graphics worked up I might actually have interest in continuing to post here. And if I keep it going maybe I'll start sharing the link with more people. Until then its probably just a few of you... only so the family doesn't get dissapointed and frustrated with one more failed attempt at sharing our lives with them.

No comments: