Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snow, snow and more snow!

We got dumped on this year, at least dumped on in Northwest terms. We had 3 or 4 different days of snow, and very little melt in between. We ended up with about a foot total, and Meredith absolutely LOVED it. Every morning she would wake up and say "go play in the snow?" so as soon as we finished breakfast we bundled up and headed outside. The first day we were so unprepared that I ended up just putting wool pants on her. But after the second snow I dug out her snow bib from last year, that thankfully still fit her pretty well. We had record lows with the second snow (down to around 18 degrees during the day) and the snow was very powdery. That day we didn't have much fun. But the other days the snow was nice and sticky. Perfect for snowballs and snowmen. And of course we had to trudge up the street to check out the snow covered tractor!

When it melted it was a relief, because our neighborhood hadn't been plowed and my car wasn't going anywhere. Luckily we had Brian's 4 wheel drive if we needed to get out, but we were mostly house-bound for a week or so. However, even though it was nice to not be stuck at home, Meredith and I were both a little sad to see the snow go. She more than I, I think!






Meredith had to wipe the snow off everything.. the plants, the porch, daddy's car. It was pretty cute. These pictures were all of our first day of snow. We ended up with a LOT more than just this!

No comments: