Last night I asked Meredith what she wanted for dinner. She had something in her mouth... a cracker or her milk... and she mumbled "I want hmm hmm". I said "baby, I can't understand you, what's 'hmm hmm'?" Well I guess she thought that was pretty funny, because now her answer to what she wants for meals is "hmm hmm". Last night I correctly guessed meatballs as hmm hmm and she ate the first decent meal she's had in about a week. Just now I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she looked at me, with a big grin on her face and said "I want hmm hmm". Two year olds are so silly!
In good news, we seem to be on our way to kicking this thing. Last night before bed I did the croup at home remedy regime... a walk around the block in cold air, then a few minutes in a steamy bathroom. Meredith wasn't so sure about the steamy bathroom until I let her stand on the counter and "paint" on the foggy mirror. She went to bed an hour early and zonked right away with no coughing. She did wake up coughing a few hours in, but the rest of the night was pretty uneventful. And this morning she slept till almost 10 and we didn't get out of bed till 11! We both really needed a good nights sleep.
It is gorgeous out today. The sun is shining and amazingly there's not a cloud in the sky. I'm sure its cold out, but I'll take sunshine anyday! I think we'll have a nice big breakfast of "hmm hmm" (eggs and fruit today) then head up to the park. It feels good to be on the mend.
Brandon's Homecoming
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment