Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pacific Science Center

When I was pregnant with Meredith I joined an online group of women who were all pregnant the same month as I was. I've created some really great bonds with some of these women and have been lucky enough to have met several of them in person. When we moved up to Washington we got to meet two more, Siri & Stacy, since both live in the Seattle area. Its been almost a year since our last get-together, so we all decided it was time to do another. Yesterday Meredith and I got up early and drove down to Seattle to spend a few hours at the Pacific Science Center. Its pretty cool, but I think she'll get more enjoyment out of it when she's just a tad older. They have a tidepool area where you can touch anemones and starfish. There's a bug area with workers holding and "petting" bugs, and a butterfly pavillion. Meredith was pretty tired and on a short fuse most of the morning, but we ended up having a great time anyway. When we got home I made dinner for two of my good friends whose husbands deployed yesterday. It was a very busy day, and we had a lot of fun!

Meredith is in heaven driving a car!

Checkin' out the bugs.

Meredith & Cade sitting at a huge table!

Bug Building

Little composers

Hangin' out in the cold

The obligatory shot of the Space Needle

Chasing birds

L to R: Stacy & Cody, Siri & Cade, Me & Meredith

No comments: